NAACLS at NSH S/C
For those interested, curious, adamant or in desperate
need to start a HT or HTL school in their area of USA -
NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical
Laboratory Sciences), which accredits HT and HTL
programs, will have a booth in the exhibit area of the
NSH Symposium this year in Charlotte, NC!!!
This is the first time NAACLS is having a booth at the
NSH symposium, due in part to the large interest in the
US in starting HT/HTL programs.
Olive Kimball, Chief Executive Officer of NAACLS, and
Allen Turner, Staff Program Coordinator for HT/HTL
programs at NAACLS, will be at the NAACLS booth
starting Sunday 10 am through Tuesday at 12 noon.
They will be there to answer questions about how to
set up a HT/HTL program, what are essentials, what
are the costs, what are the advantages of having a
NAACLS accredited program, what are the criteria
for program directors, etc.
In addition, there will also be some NSH members at
the booth for part of the time, who have been/are
involved with NAACLS and/or HT/HTL schools,
to help answer questions, also, from personal
- John Ryan, former NSH representative to NAACLS
- Robert Lott, present NSH representative to NAACLS
- Peggy Wenk, HT and HTL program director
The NAACLS booth will be located on the back wall,
towards the left side, when you enter the exhibit area.
So, if you:
- are a little curious about starting a HT or HTL school, or
- are very interested, or
- wonder how to approach a community college as to
starting a HT program, or
- have just been informed by your hospital department
that they have just decided that you WILL be starting a school, or
- just wonder if two weeks AFTER you return from the
NSH Symposium your boss will tell you to start a school, or
- are just so short of histotechs in your area that you are
desperate enough to try anything . . . .
then drop by the NAACLS booth, and gather the
information!!! It's FREE!!!!
Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>