RE: Spermatozoa stains

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>
From:"Leek, Adrian" <>
To:"''" <>
Content-Type:text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

Boehringer-Mannheim used to sell Test Simplets for blood smears
(?Wright-Giemsa type).  They were regular slides coated with a proprietary
dye mixture and dispersing agent.  You just smeared the blood on to make a
film, and voila, it came out stained.  They were apparently also used by a
number of fertility clinics to do rapid sperm assessments.
I don't know if B-M still sell them (or, indeed, what B-M call themselves
these days), but you may be able to find them.  Good luck,
Adrian Leek,
CytoLogix Corp.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberta Horner []
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 04:00 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: Spermatozoa stains

Does anyone have a procedure for a stain for spermatozoa?  Or could someone
tell me if new fuchsin is also known by another name? I  have Berg's method
but it uses new fuchsin.  I need this as soon as possible for a ram sale.
Thank you very much.
Roberta Horner HT
Animal Diagnostic Lab
Penn State University

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>