[Histonet] Jar opening devices

From:Gayle Callis

Flip top or screw top?  

Specialty cooking stores/hardware stores have devices to open screw tops on
jars used in kitchens. look like gigantic pliers.  Check out Williams
Sonoma, Pottery Barn, or similar store in your area.  
One can also wrap a rubber glove around top of screw top, to get a better
grip but I don't think this reduces the pain from gripping.

We have large adjustable pliers (they expand) and then old rubber glove
around top, grab and torque. We do this to open EMD's xylene bottles, with
lids that, I swear, are put on with superglue.  

Flip tops are another problem??


Gayle Callis
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology 
Montana State University - Bozeman
PO Box 173610
Bozeman MT 59717-3610
406 994-6367 (lab with voice mail)
406 994-4303 (FAX)

Histonet mailing list

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>