Re: *#@!sticking base molds HELP!

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>
From:"J. A. Kiernan" <> (by way of histonet)
Content-Type:text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 wrote:

> IWe manufacture a product called MOLD RELEASE.  Our customers use it as a
> storage bath for their molds.  The stuff is expensive but lasts and long
> a works like a charm.  Please feel free to call me at 1-800-428-5856

 Why is it expensive? Half a dozen HistoNet replies have pointed
 out that almost any liquid that contains alcohol with a little
 glycerol and perhaps a dash of detergent makes an adequate
 release compound, and we all know that glycerol (which doesn't
 evaporate or mix with wax) is quite cheap to buy, even from
 vendors of lab chemicals.

 John A. Kiernan,
 Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology,
 The University of Western Ontario,
 LONDON,  Canada  N6A 5C1
   Phone: (519) 661-2111
   FAX (Department): (519) 661-3936

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>